Saturday, May 7, 2016

mother. in. law. in. town. day 5

All the tickets

Today is my sisters boyfriend's birthday. We work up around the normal 730 am to the lovely cries of my youngest wanting to be let out of her crib. She's smart enough and agile enough to climb out herself, but we put her in a sleeping bag at night to keep her warm. She likes to roll around and throw the blankets off so she used to wake up freezing during the winter.

My wife spent a good amount of time today doing homework while I brought the kids outside to play. My oldest was sad that there was no more snow, but she tried sledding down the backyard anyway. Obviously she didn't get very far, but it gave me a good workout pushing her down the grassy hill, and pulling her back up again to keep the dream alive.

I feel like I checked the time about a hundred times hoping it was time bronco to my sister's boyfriend's birthday party. We were meeting my parents and my sister and her boyfriend at a local sports bar/fun center for dinner before we would part she in the "fun center" portion of location. This place is pretty sweet actually. Good food and a bunch of arcade games, along with a small big ball bowling alley in the back. The best part of this situation is that my mother-in-law (MiL) offered to take the kids home after dinner so my wife and I could enjoy ourselves.

Dinner was hectic, but you kind of expect that when you're eating with 2 toddlers. After dinner we showed the kids the games and let my oldest push a bunch of buttons. She was excited but had no idea what she was really doing, or have any idea she was winning. She probably doesn't even understand what winning is yet. Anyway, she pushed a bunch of buttons and some tickets came out, but she was on to the next game before even registering tickets were dispensed.

Eventually we had to be the mean parents and put the kids in a car to go home while we got to stay and play. My youngest was just happy to be sitting and sucking her thumb. My oldest was very unhappy about the situation, but parents need breaks sometimes.

After the kids left we bowled a couple games with 5 other people, and about 8 spectators. It was a busy lane. I won the bowling overall, but that's not surprising since I basically free up in my grandfather's bowling alley. My whole family is pretty good; my mom was even in a tournament on tv.

After the bowling the real action happened. The 6 of us who were left started playing the arcade games. I watched as my sister and her boyfriend played Jurassic Park for probably 10 minutes, or maybe I should describe the time elapsed by how much money was spent. My sister and her boyfriend played Jurassic Park for about $20. We later moved on to games you can win tickets from. Or, as I like to call them, games you can win imaginary currency from that you won't end up spending on anything interesting, if at all. One of our first big wins of the night was Deal or No Deal. My sister and I doubled up at the beginning and walked away with the winning case, and a cool 400 tickets!

That was my pick from the start, my sister was a little hesitant, but I held strong. After that amazing win, my sister's boyfriend and his friends cleaned up the jackpots from 4 other games before we finally called it quits around 12:30 am.

Our ingenious plan was to have my mother-in-law take our kids home in my car, and we would get a ride home with my sister and her boyfriend. We figured we could drink as much as we wanted and didn't have to worry about driving home. Well, we were both about done with being there by 11pm, and my wife didn't end up drinking because she wasn't feeling too well. So we stayed out way longer than we wanted to for basically no reason. Oh well, live and learn, then get Luvs.

No comments:

Post a Comment